If you have a strong passion to work in the digital marketing industry, talent for creating great content and previous experience this position could be for you!
Black and Married With Kids and Traffic Sales & Profit are divisions of Tyler New Media, a multimedia company owned by a husband and wife team and we are looking for an integral team member; THE ONE with a stellar work ethic, a “can do” attitude, notable professionalism, lives in integrity and who is both confident in their abilities, but also knows when to be the student because aside from specific software proficiencies needed (see below), you need to be a quick study because you will wear many hats and create a ton of content.
The success of our company is based on the success of our team members. While challenging, for the right person this will not only be an enjoyable and rewarding opportunity, but one they’ll thrive in, and we look forward to scaling compensation based on quality work.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating great error-free content with quick turnaround and is well-versed in social media channels, African-American culture and online marketing.
- Collaborate with internal partners to interpret project briefs and develop relevant concepts into content
- Develop story pitches and present them for consideration
- Write marketing copy and edit including social media, product marketing, blogs, and email
- Ensure that all copy is proofed and ready for delivery or posting
- Create and maintain editorial and marketing calendars
- Schedule, create, edit, and publish content on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Assist in the establishment of social media benchmarks and KPIs; track and report on data/metrics to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and campaign effectiveness.
- Lead brand focused online community management
- Monitor and respond to community feedback to help grow fan bases
- Manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Document workflows based on daily tasks, events and product launches
- Be a great team player with our creative team
- Work in a fast-paced environment exuding confidence, while being calm, motivating and a pleasure to work with
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or communications
- 3+ years of marketing and social media experience
- 3+ years of WordPress experience
- Experience & proven track record of social media management & quick content creation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Understands basic online marketing
- Strong motivation and enthusiasm to do a job well done
- Ability to evaluate, make decisions and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to work with Google Suite apps for business and to navigate online systems
- ***Bonus points for any photography, videography, editing or design skills.
This job description is not all-inclusive and certain activities, duties or responsibilities may be required of the employee as needed.